Thursday 13 February 2014

Questionnaire - RMA

 
A mix of both males and females answered my survey, I did this as, although I am aiming for a particular sex as my target audience, I hope that both sexes would read it, and on the odd chance this may happen, I would like to know what both sexes think about my magazine and what they'd like to see come from it.
 
Feedback: I learnt that my logo is very well perceived by a wide audience and not just media students who are trained to pull apart the meaning of the logo. Many said that they layering represents the name, "stack" a stack of letters as it were. This means that the audience wont be confused by my work and can connect with it in a laid back manner, of which follows my magazines aims and style. Added to this, the audience members said they would also like to be involved in the creation of the magazine, and liked my ideas and motives to do so. A facebook page and an online version of the magazine with a chat room were the most popular answers selected.
The feedback also showed that a simplistic style is very efficient and draws the audiences eye. Due to so many magazine front pages being so full it can be distorting to the eye when submerged by others on the shelves of a shop.
 
Overall the feedback was very positive, however, one negative was the sample front page of Q magazine I showed to them , I told them I was aiming to go along the same code and conventions as it and asked what their opinion on it was. The audience said that it didn't really fit what my magazine stands for, other than the colour scheme. For this reason I was be changing the close up shot of Brad Spectre on my front page to a more suitable and fitting photo. I also recently went to a local gig and was able to take pictures in a range of shots and angles and will be using these for my spread.
 
Here are two sample photos;
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment