Thursday 13 March 2014

Check List Update

  • Experiment with front cover image - "isn't the expected choice as it isn't mid-shot and doesn't have the artist giving eye contact", look through pictures to find a better option.
  • Look through colouring and fonts again.
  • Add date and price to front cover - possibly date on all pages.
  • Try adding more onto front cover - need to look at layout again to make it more affective.
  • Need to add page numbers.
  • Check alignments on my pages.
  • Add text to double page spread.
  • red line branding - add to front page?




  • After his first EP climbed high on the iTunes chart ladder last year and his second currently being produced, Brad Spectre recently mentioned as Q’s "one to lookout for", is a 19 year old indie artist from Oxford. Stack managed to steal Brad away from his devoted fans to get the insight to his recent tattoo outburst.




    So Brad how are you? How has your day been?

    B: "Its been great actually, although days are long at the moment with touring, I’m doing what I love, how could I complain."




    Your first EP, ‘Its Lonely Here On Mount Olympus’ was and still is so successful. What inspired you to write such strong words?

    B: "Every time you switch on the news, do you ever see something positive? And on the rare occasion, how positive is it really? For a while I had wanted to write down my feelings and when I came across my ability to write songs, it kinda..yanno flowed. I still cant get over the fact that people have actually processed my rambling, that’s why I want my second EP to be for my fans who inspired me to keep rambling.




    So my fellow rambler, what's it liking being the "one to look out for"?

    B: When you say it like that, makes me sound like the local corner shop lifter! But it really is incredible, I never though this could happen, and I know you here that in every interview you have but, there is no way to describe it, that initial numbing and then shock when it settles in that people listen and want to follow your music. Its just…wow. You’d think seeing as what I do that I’d be good with words!




    Onto your recent tweet about tattoos, what actually caused the ‘outburst’ as sorts?

    B: Someone showed me Katie Hopkins battle with umm.. Katie Waisell the other week, and yeah I know quite late seeing as it was ages ago, but it still annoyed me that she said that tattooed people are unemployable and physically look ‘wrong’. Whose to say what is right and proper? Props to Katie Waisell for dealing with her nonsense! Tattoo’s are art and my tattoo's are for me, they shouldn't bother other people.




    I see you have got a new tattoo actually, the dragon?

    B: Ah yes I got this the other day, my artist is my ‘special person’ you could say, I’ve her for years and she is ridiculously talented, I mean look at this! How incredible!




    Would it be rude to ask for a meaning?

    B: Oh god no, I like it when people are genuinely interested and ask, The dragon symbolises strength and I believe that my fans are the strength of my life, so I n a sense the dragon represents my fans. They are apart of my life.


    No comments:

    Post a Comment